In A Moment of Crisis, Reactions Set The LeadersMarch 24, 2020
Being Strong Is Your Only ChoiceMarch 25, 2020
Weekly Wrap-up of Fintech / Startup News for March 24, 2020
A weekly update of some of the news that I found to be relevant on the Fintech and Startup world.
This week, the trend has continued and it is still a rough week for the Market, for Fintechs and Startups. I hope that you guys are still keeping safe and healthy. Thanks for reading and hang in there.
- Hashicorp soars above 5B valuation in new 175M Venture Round
- The SF-based startup announced today that it has raised $175 million in Series E financing from Franklin Templeton Investments at a scorching $5.1 billion valuation. - Techcrunch
- Equinix Closes $335M Deal For New York’s Packet
- Datacenter giant Equinix has bought New York-based startup Packet for $335 million, the companies announced Monday. Packet provides an automated bare metal infrastructure for edge computing. - Crunchbase
- Cornershop’s struggle with Uber acquisition: What’s actually happening - Contxto
- One, A New Digital Bank Aimed At The Middle Class, Raises $17M Series A
- Life after Y Combinator, software startup Belvo tells all - Contxto
- Indonesia’s Gojek Reportedly Lands $1.2B For Expansion - Crunchbase
- Latin American show-stealing startups in Y Combinator’s Winter Batch 2020 - Contxto
- Amazon is hiring 100,000 new workers in the US to deal with the coronavirus boom - Technology Review
- Uber CFO says its ridership has plumetted as much as 50%
- Mercado Libre to disperse US$420 million in Mexico, targets rival Amazon and fintechs - Contxto
- 10 ways to be a Wartime CEO according to Ben Horowitz (Must read) - Business Insider
- Fox To Buy Streaming Service Tubi For $440M
- Tubi, which is based in San Francisco, is an ad-supported streaming service with more than 20,000 titles from over 250 content partners, including major studios like Paramount and Lionsgate. - Crunchbase
- Mexico’s challenger and neo-banks. Do you know the difference? - Contxto
- E25Bio Raises $2M From Khosla Ventures To Create Rapid COVID-19 Diagnostic Test - Crunchbase
- Mexican proptech, Multiburó, raises US$700,000 - Contxto
- Massive Slowdown In 2020 VC Funding Hasn’t Happened … Yet - Crunchbase
- Former Uber self-driving head Levandowski agrees to plea deal over Google secrets
- Close your office. Now. How operate your startup under lock-down.
- Scopely adds $200M to Series D as mobile gaming surges in popularity
- Startup Founders are building companies on Whatsapp
- How Visa became the top dog in global finance
- SoftBank may back out of part of WeWork rescue
- Airbnb is listening to investment pitches
- Yelp commits $25M in waived fees.
- YouTube, Amazon Prime forgo streaming quality to relieve European networks
I Wrote the following Article to help you manage remote teams. Please feel free to share it
Need more Information on our Recruiting Services for Fintechs / Startups?