Jump Into The VoidApril 8, 2020
The Secret To Your SuccessApril 9, 2020
Fintech / Startup News for April 7, 2020
A weekly update of some of the news that I found to be relevant to the Fintech and Startup world.
The COVID-19 Pandemic has brought to a halt many investments. Fintechs and startups are facing layoffs and a long recession seems unavoidable. But eventually, we will come out of it. In the meantime, here’s a recap of some of the most important news of the week.
- Coronavirus Throws Deal Making Into Disarray:
- Corporate deal-making, prone to unexpected twists and turns in the best of times, has been upended by the coronavirus pandemic.
- Fintechs have a role to play in helping users stay home
- Xerox is dropping its $30 billion hostile takeover bid for HP
- The future of remote work in Latin America
- ZipRecruiter just laid off hundreds only days after the CEO said the economy was headed for a steep increase in hiring after the end of the coronavirus
- There is one great equalizer for challenger and neo-banks in Mexico
- Apple’s Dark Sky acquisition could be bad news for indie weather apps
- With its purchase of Dark Sky, Apple is cutting off a major source of inexpensive, hyperlocal weather data for other apps.
- A software school wants to hack Latam’s educational system
- A Slack investor predicts that any productivity startup that doesn’t become a ‘daily use tool’ won’t have the ‘engagement’ to survive whatever comes next in the market
- Need groceries delivered? This ride-hailing app can help
- SoftBank Withdraws $3B Tender Offer For WeWork Shares
- Grow Mobility conflict with laid-off Grin workers, negotiations collapse
- Thumbtack Lays Off 250 Amid ‘Dramatically’ Declining Revenue Due To COVID-19 Pandemic
- Laid-off workers occupy Grin’s scooter warehouse in Mexico City, Covid-19 to blame says Grow
- Via Raises $200M In EXOR-Led Series E, Reaches $2.25B Valuation
- Closing The Gap Between Classrooms And Students, ClassDojo Sees Skyrocketing Usage
- Insight Partners Closes $9.5B Growth Equity Fund XI, Its Biggest To Date
- Forgivable Loan Apps Start Today And Will Be Big For Startups Facing COVID-19 Disruptions
- Airbnb raises $1B from private equity
- 11 fintech investors share advice they are giving startups to help them get through a market downturn and funding drought. ‘This doesn’t measure 10 times and cut once. This just makes the cut.’
- Quibi launches its mobile streaming service in the middle of the quarantine era – TechCrunch
- Zoom’s Encryption Is “Not Suited for Secrets” and Has Surprising Links to China, Researchers Discover
I Wrote the following Article to help you manage remote teams. Please feel free to share it
Need more Information on our Recruiting Services for Fintechs / Startups?
Join My Fintech Newsletter
Every Week I send out a summary of the latest news on the Fintech Market in USA, Mexico, and LATAM