Live Life On Your Own Terms.March 17, 2020
The One Lesson To Learn From FailureMarch 18, 2020
Photo by Chris Liverani on Unsplash
Weekly Wrap-up of Fintech / Startup News for March 17, 2020
A weekly update of some of the news that I found to be relevant on the Fintech and Startup world.
It's been a really tough week for the Market, for Fintechs and Startups. So today most of the news reflects that. I hope that we all stay safe and hope that this passes as well. In the meantime, here is the latest news:
- Overhaul Raises $17.5M To Continue Growing Company In an Edison Partners-Led Round
- The latest round, which was led by Edison Partners, brings Overhaul’s total funding to $27.5 million. Overhaul last raised money in May 2019, when it landed $7 million in a round led by Abbey International Finance. The firm also led the company’s $4.5 million seed round in December 2017, according to Crunchbase. - Via Crunchbase
- SpaceX raising over $500 million, double what Elon Musk's company planned to bring in
- Confluent Is Seeking Private Funding at $5 Billion Value
- The event streaming platform Confluent Inc. has held talks with potential investors about a new funding round, according to people with knowledge of the matter. Confluent is seeking to raise about $200 million to $300 million, said one of the people, who asked not to be identified because the discussions are private. The round could value Confluent at about $5 billion, another person said. - Via Bloomberg
- Arctic Wolf Lands $60M Series D
- Cybersecurity startup Arctic Wolf raised $60 million in its Series D round, bringing its total funding to more than $148 million. - Crunchbase
- The Coronavirus Outbreak Has Erased Nearly $460B Of Big Tech’s Market Cap
- Morningstar's view: The impact of coronavirus on the economy - Via Pitchbook
- NY-Based NorthOne, A Digital Challenger Bank For Small Businesses, Raises $21M Series A
- NorthOne, a digital challenger bank focused on small businesses, announced this morning a $21 million Series A raise. - Crunchbase
- Alphabet’s Next Billion-Dollar Business: 10 Industries To Watch - Great Article by CB Insights.
- Zumper Secures $60M To Become The ‘Airbnb For One-Year Leasing’
- SpotOn Raises $50M To Help SMBs Operate More Efficiently
- SpotOn, a payments and software startup focused on small and medium-sized businesses (SMBs), announced this morning it has raised $50 million in Series B funding led by 01 Advisors–a newish VC firm founded by former Twitter execs. (Crunchbase)
- SXSW Canceled Over Coronavirus Fears
- Exclusive: DevOps unicorn HashiCorp could be valued at $5.25B in new round - Pitchbook
- This investigative piece about Travel Companies and Startups
- Gloom over a new recession shifts the VC narrative for 2020
- In a plot twist: Toilet Paper Hoarding Boosts Bidet Sales
- Coronavirus alters the merger playbook for dealmakers
- Impossible Foods Continues Growth Trajectory With $500M Series F - 500 Million Dollars!
- The 11 Sources of Disruption Every Company Must Monitor
I Wrote the following Article to help you manage remote teams. Please feel free to share it
Need more Information on our Recruiting Services for Fintechs / Startups?